Sunday, May 3, 2020

Until then...

The Year of Coronavirus
I have mixed emotions today. The world is a different place. Change was in the air a few years ago and now Covid-19 has pushed it over the edge of the cliff.  It's not about politics anymore, it's about common sense versus fear. I am not fearful.

As a new retiree who was settling into a schedule of leisure activities with my husband and making new friends on the "senior circuit" (plus finding more time to follow my family history from branch to branch) I was living the life as they say.  The stay-at-home order and social-distancing requirement changed all that, for everyone.

I thought I'd do the obvious and post about my life during stutdown, but frankly, I'm sick of hearing about it every minute of every day. What I have to say is a thousand times what everyone is saying and feeling. Let that be the story for those who choose to look back to 2020 in the history books.  I will just be a number in that crowd of citizens that feel betrayed by their leaders, who do not know their job destription. I will vote to remove as many as I am able.   That's what I'm taking away from this disaster.

Instead of posting on the blog each week, I did a deep dive into organizing my data. Of course the road had a few bumps, rabbit holes, if you will. They are fun to persue, but distracting from the plan of the day. It gives me a few more tidbits to share in the coming weeks, so I'll leave it up to the rabbits to find the next post.  Until then.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged. Join the chat here.

All comments are monitored before publishing to eliminate spammers and anonymous remarks. Political comments are discouraged and will be deleted.